Places to Visit in Alanya
Alanya is a touristic city located on the southern coast of Turkey with magnificent views of the Mediterranean. Alanya offers visitors many attractions with its natural beauty, historical texture, beaches, and tourist sites. In this article, I will provide information about the places to visit in Alanya.
1. Alanya Castle: The castle, which is the most famous symbol of Alanya, was built in the 13th century by Seljuk Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat. The castle is located on a high hill in Alanya and offers stunning views of the city. There is also a museum and historical ruins in the castle.
2. Dim Cave: Dim Cave is a natural cave located about 12 km east of Alanya. The cave is filled with underground rivers and lakes. There are walking paths in the cave that allow visitors to explore its beauty.
3. Cleopatra Beach: Cleopatra Beach is famous for its turquoise waters and fine sand. The beach's name comes from the fact that Queen Cleopatra of Egypt once swam there. The nearby Damlataş Cave is also worth seeing.
4. Damlatas Beach: Damlatas Beach is a popular beach located near Alanya Castle. There are rental sun loungers and umbrellas available on the beach. Additionally, there are many restaurants and cafes on the beach.
5. Alanya Archaeological Museum: The museum displays many works of art and artifacts that provide information about the history of Alanya. The museum exhibits ruins from the ancient Roman period, Ottoman-era artifacts, and many documents that explain the history of Alanya.
6. Alanya Harbor: Alanya Harbor is a beautiful port located under Alanya Castle. Many boat tours are organized from the harbor. Visitors can explore the coves on the sea and see the stunning views of the city.
7. Red Tower: Also known as Kızıl Kule in Turkish, the Red Tower is located on the western side of Alanya Castle. The tower was built in the 13th century by Seljuk Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat and is the only way to reach the castle.